Tuesday, July 23, 2013

JavaScript of my summer

I won't say that I had dismissed JavaScript. I simply had no use for it. Yet need is a b----. I had been working on PHP development the first half of the summer and out of curiosity, looked into JQuery, the utility of which I could appreciate. It's connection to Ajax is especially interesting. Along came Crafty and I was sold. It was the answer to Android's complexity for time which I did not have and simplicity which I sought. But no, what put JavaScript over the top was Underscore. I was in NYC yesterday and we went to the MoMA. If those Picasso's, Braque's, and Matisse's weren't elegant and simple and profound then...what is? I'm not saying Underscore is a masterpiece. I still don't know enough about it. However, on the surface it looks like one of the most interesting tools I'm come across since Scala.

No comments:

Post a Comment